Friday, November 9, 2012

A Guide to South Korea

A view from N-Tower
South Korea is a must visit country. I am very happy that I was able to travel there with my mom and my sister. We really enjoyed traveling.



To visit South Korea, Filipinos, who are Philippines passport holder, have to apply for Korean Visa. Availing tour package is advantage for first time travelers. It will save effort, time and money. Travelers just have to search for reliable travel agency that offers affordable tour package.

To choose affordable and smart tour package, it should have the following:
  • roundtrip airfare
  • hotel accommodations
  • full tour with transfers and English speaking tour guide
  • full board meals
  • assistance with Korean visa processing
For preparation, travelers should consider the following:
  • Weather
    • South Korea has four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter
    • Bring appropriate clothes for the weather.
    • Bring umbrella.
I bought these at Ace Hardware.
  • Electricity & Voltage
    • Outlet has two round holes, so it is advisable to buy adaptors. 

  • Comfortable boots or rubber shoes for walking and sightseeing
  • Time
    • Don't forget to adjust your watch once you arrived. It is advanced of one hour from Philippines' time.
  • Gadgets
    • Fully charged them before departure.
    • Roaming my phones didn't work. After my trip, my friend told me that she had the same problem. She added that I/we have to use some roaming services at the Incheon airport.
    • Camera is a must for travelers.
  • Money
    • Korean won is the currency. For me, it is better to buy won in Philippines. You can buy at black markets.
    • It is advantage to bring US dollars because some stores accept it in South Korea and in Incheon Airport.
This post is for the first time travelers to South Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...