Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Planning: 1st Hiking



This will be my first hiking ever. I don’t have relatives and friends that enjoy hiking, so I haven’t tried it. Thanks to my God mother because she invited me last June. She lives in Florida, and I live in Maryland. Even my God mother lives in Florida, we will meet in Atlanta airport this weekend. She’s with her relatives. I invited my younger brother, but he’s not interested. This trip will be my first time to travel via airplane by myself and will be my first trip to Georgia.

These are the things that I bought just for my weekend trip to Blue Ridge, GA.
  • Airplane Tickets
I bought my Southwest tickets last June for August flight. I’ve chosen nonstop trip since that is most convenient. This is two hour trip from Maryland to Georgia.



  • Hiking Boots
I bought it because my God mother suggested it to me. If she didn’t tell it to me, I’ll probably just bring my rubber shoes for running.

  • Sandals
I bought this online with my hiking boots. It has good reviews. I learned from my God mother that we will cross the river.
  • Hiking Pants
I only bought one pair because I’ll probably have to wash my clothes at the cabin because it has laundry closet. I also confirmed it from the customer support from the cabin rental.

I also need to bring the following items:
  • Clothes (jacket, sleeping wear, socks, etc.)
  • Rubber Slippers
  • Running Shoes – I might jog in the mornings because I’m training for my 1st 5K race.
  • Toiletries such as shampoo, soap, toilet paper, laundry detergent, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
    • I don’t have to bring towels because I confirmed it from the customer support.
  • IPhone, headphone, Samsung gear watch, Fitbit and chargers
  • Sunblock and makeup
  • Wallet
  • Coupon from “Parking Spot” – I prefer to reserve a space on the day of my flight. I chose this because it has positive reviews in Yelp and it offers discount. This will be my first time to park my car close to the airport.

I should have bought a solar eclipse eyeglasses few months ago. I recently realized that I’ll be able to see it on Monday, August 21. Regular eyeglasses or sunglasses are not safe to wear while watching the solar eclipse at day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...